For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 190°C, 375 °F, Gas mark 5 and grease some baking trays.
- Beat the Stork with the sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla scraping sides occasionally, until blended. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt just until blended. (Do not overmix).
- Using lightly floured hands take a walnut size piece of dough and shape into balls. Arrange 3-inches apart on the baking trays. Gently press balls into 2-1/2-inch circles. Pinch bottom to form point of "heart". Gently indent dough in centre on top to shape into "heart".
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool for 2 minutes on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
For the decoration (optional):
- To decorate, stir 4 teaspoons of water with the icing / powdered sugar until you have a nice thick glace icing. Add food colouring if desired.
- Spread the icing on cookies and add sprinkles.
Tip: These cookies are great fun to decorate with the kids, let them add a variety of sprinkles.
- Temperature: 190 °C / 375 °F / Gas Mark 5 oC
- Baking time:
- Serves: 20