LEGAL NOTICE AND MODERATION GUIDELINES POLICY - PLEASE READ THESE NOTICES CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE. IT REGULATES YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ALL MATERIAL WITHIN IT.
This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by:-
Unilever UK Limited
Registered in England & Wales No 334527
Registered office: Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22
Unilever Ireland Limited
Registered in the Republic of Ireland No 8626
Registered office: 20 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Ireland
(Together hereinafter referred to as “Unilever”)
For Residents of the United Kingdom
The site can be accessed from various other countries around the World. Each of these places has laws that may differ from those of the United Kingdom. By accessing the site both you and we agree that the laws of England & Wales shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to the use and contents of this site, unless we specify that the law of another country applies to particular elements of the site. You also agree that unless we specify otherwise that the courts of England and Wales shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction with respect to such matters.
For Residents of the Republic of Ireland
This site can be accessed from various other countries around the World. Each of these places has laws that may differ from those of the Republic of Ireland. By accessing the site both you and we agree that the laws of the Republic of Ireland shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to the use and contents of this site, unless we specify that the law of another country applies to particular elements of the site. You also agree that unless we specify otherwise that the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction with respect to such matters.
This site is designed only for persons located in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland and information regarding products, services, and promotions are applicable to those countries alone.
No representation or warranty is given that the materials contained in the site are appropriate to, available in or relevant for any other location.
Persons in other countries should refer to the Unilever PLC/N.V. website http://www.unilever.com
Copyright © 2012 Unilever. All rights reserved. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images, sound, software and other materials on this site are owned by Unilever and its affiliated companies or are included with the permission of the relevant owner. References to affiliates or affiliated companies shall include all members of the Unilever Group.
You are permitted to browse this site and to reproduce extracts by way of printing, downloading to a hard disk, and by distribution to other people, but in all cases for informational purposes only and provided that the above copyright notice appears in all such reproductions. No reproduction of any part of the site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic format, including posting to any other site. No other licence or right is granted.
All trade marks displayed on this site are either owned or used under licence by Unilever and its affiliates. The unauthorised use of any trade mark on this site is strictly prohibited.
Availability of Products
Reference to any product or service on the site does not constitute an offer to sell or supply that product or service. Specific advice concerning the availability and suitability of any particular product or service should be sought before purchase.
It is the policy of Unilever not to accept any unsolicited suggestions for product improvements, new product idea or marketing ideas from outside the company. Any unsolicited suggestions or information you send us, including recipes, will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential and become the property of Unilever without compensation, for exclusive use at our unlimited discretion.
Content and Uploading Information and Recipes to the Site
The information on this site has been included in good faith but is for general informational purposes only. It should not be relied on for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given as regards its accuracy or completeness. All products referred to on this site should be used in accordance with the on-pack instructions of that product.
No information at this site shall constitute an invitation to invest in any member of the Unilever Group nor should it be used as the basis for any investment decision. Neither Unilever nor any of its affiliates nor its or their officers, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising out of any access to or use of this site or any site linked to it including, without limitation, any loss of profit, indirect, incidental or consequential loss.
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this site as and when we consider it appropriate and without notice.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in the Moderation Guidelines below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our Moderation Guidelines. We reserve our rights to cancel any registration where the user does not comply with the content standards.
Any content uploaded by a third party, and not Unilever, is not the opinion of Unilever and Unilever will not be responsible or liable to any third party for the views or opinions expressed by the users of the site.
You confirm that any contribution to the site made by you is your own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful and does not infringe anyone else's rights (including privacy rights) and that it complies with any terms of this site. You also confirm that your contribution is made in your personal (rather than business) capacity and that such contribution does not unfairly promote or further any business activities and has not been contributed for commercial gain. You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
At various points throughout the site you may be offered automatic links to other Internet sites relevant to a particular aspect of this site. This does not indicate that Unilever is necessarily associated with any of these other sites or their owners. Whilst it is the intention of the company that you should find these other sites of interest, neither the company, its affiliates, nor its or their officers, employees or agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other sites or any information contained in them, none of which have been verified or endorsed by the company or its affiliates. If at any time you find that you have accessed another site you may return to this site by clicking on the "backwards" arrow, or by keying in the web address www.bakewithstork.com
STORK WEBSITE MODERATION GUIDELINES
The Stork Members’ Recipes feature is designed to provide you with a virtual cookbook space, where you can share your own favourite recipes, and browse recipes uploaded by other keen bakers across the country. Stork Members’ Recipes is for YOU and we want you to make the most of it. However, because what you write or upload on Stork Members’ Recipes can be seen by thousands of visitors, we’ve engaged a professional moderator to filter out inappropriate material. There are some things that just shouldn’t be shared. This is not censorship. We’re trying to protect all our visitors and, above all, the reputation of Stork and Unilever. We don’t want to reject content. So make sure your content is appropriate by reading the Moderation Guidelines below.
Access Restricted To UK & ROI Residents
Stork Members’ Recipes is only available to residents in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
Original Content and Third Party Rights
Content must not include material that is protected by copyright, bound by obligations of confidentiality, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights (including, without limitation, trade marks, trade names, privacy and publicity rights) unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material.
We will reject content if we believe, in our reasonable opinion, that you are not the author of, or you do not have the necessary rights to, that content.
This would include, for example:
- lyrics and other literary works
- advertising and promotional materials
- branding, logos and trademarks
- confidential information or trade secrets
In very limited cases, the incidental inclusion of copyright works, brands, logos and trademarks in content may be acceptable. For example, if a recipe posted onto the site includes a particular branded product within its ingredients list, then we may accept it, as it is incidental to the recipe. But where possible please do not prescribe branded products to be used, apart from Stork.
Content containing personal details may be rejected. First names or surnames (but not full names) may be accepted but contact information, including schools, workplaces, telephone numbers, addresses etc. will not.
Protecting Other People’s Rights
Before uploading content to Stork Members’ Recipes [or to other Stork social media sites], you must obtain permission from any identifiable individual portrayed or referred to in it. If content depicts individuals in a private situation seemingly unaware that they are being photographed or filmed[WR1] , it may be rejected.
In some circumstances, activities may be unacceptable even if they are lawful, particularly if a person is seen acting against their will or under duress. We may reject content if we believe, in our reasonable opinion, that it exposes an individual to mockery or humiliation.
If Unilever receives a complaint from an individual featured in any material uploaded or linked to/from Stork Members’ Recipes against their will, we will block access to that content immediately and, if we see fit (at our sole discretion), we will remove the offending content. We reserve the right to permanently remove or delete content if we believe it infringes or violates an individual’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
Any statement or comment about a person or organisation that may be considered damaging to their reputation and/or interests will not be permitted. A verbal or written statement may be defamatory if it harms reputation by:
- exposing the individual or organisation to hatred, ridicule or contempt;
- causing the individual or organisation to be shunned or avoided;
- lowering the individual or organisation in the estimation of right-thinking members of society; or
- disparaging the office, profession or trade of the individual or organisation.
Allegations about adultery, corruption, dishonesty and sexual orientation could be defamatory and are likely to be rejected in all cases.
Discrimination or prejudice based upon race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status will not be tolerated.
This does not preclude content from discussing or commenting on sensitive topics. However, while context is exceptionally important, the context will not always be clear from the content alone. Consequently, any content that is or appears to be discriminatory or prejudicial, will be rejected.
We will not tolerate any retaliation against anyone complaining of discrimination.
Blasphemy and Religious Imagery
We will not tolerate any content that is blasphemous, or contains offensive or extremist views. Content that could incite religious hatred will be rejected.
The depiction of religious imagery can cause serious offence and is likely to be rejected irrespective of the context in which it appears.
Illegal, Criminal or Immoral Acts
Content depicting, discussing, glamorising or condoning illegal, criminal or immoral acts will be rejected. This includes, without limitation, the abuse of drugs, solvents or other banned substances, the depiction of explosive materials, firearms or other offensive weapons, terrorism, vandalism, theft, arson, prostitution, pimping, stalking, etc.
We reserve the right to pass content to the relevant authorities, including the Police, without notice to you.
Contempt of Court and Breach of a Court Order
It is an offence to publish material that creates a real risk of the course of justice in legal proceedings being seriously impeded or prejudiced. This could include previous convictions, assertions of guilt or confessions. This only applies to active proceedings.
It is also an offence to breach a Court Order. For example, if a court has ordered that the identity of a defendant be kept anonymous, you will commit an offence if you disclose that person’s identity.
If we have reason to believe that content could be in contempt of Court or in breach of a Court Order, it will be rejected.
Violence, Harassment and Cruelty
Stork Members’ Recipes is not a forum for personal or private vendettas. We will reject any content containing direct or indirect threats against a person, or content that is otherwise harassing, bullying or abusive.
Content depicting, describing or commenting on cruel or violent acts, including self-harm, harm to others or harm to animals, will be rejected even if made in jest. Similarly, any content inciting, glamorising or condoning violence, past violence or the threat of violence will also be rejected.
Dangerous, Antisocial and Irresponsible Acts
Content should contain nothing that condones or encourages unsafe, irresponsible or antisocial behaviour.
Antisocial, disruptive or destructive content, including “trolling”, “flaming”, “griefing”, “flooding” or “spamming” (as commonly understood), will be rejected.
Swear words and Profanities
Language is very personal. What is acceptable to some is highly offensive to others. Moreover, words mean different things to different people and their interpretation often depends on the context in which they are used.
Content containing language deemed inappropriate will be removed from Stork Members’ Recipes. If you want to make sure your content remains, don’t:
- use language you wouldn’t use in front of other people;
- swear; or
- directly swear at someone - personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Content depicting, or comments describing, pornography, child pornography, sexual assault, obscenity, explicit sexual acts, genitalia, voyeurism or other inappropriate sexual content will be rejected.
Foreign Languages, Slang, Code & Hidden Meanings
Content containing foreign languages, slang, code or hidden meanings (e.g. “email me at user292 at cold male”) will be rejected by Unilever, particularly if its meaning is unclear or inappropriate.
We will reject anything that disrupts the normal flow of the conversation. Content containing garbled or nonsense sentences, or duplicated words or numbers, will also be rejected.
Criticism and Review
We endeavour not to censor criticism of Stork products or recipes provided the criticism is made in a fair, respectful and civil manner. However, we will not tolerate inappropriate or malicious language, content or tone, particularly where it could harm the reputation of the company involved.
Advertising and Promotional Material
Stork Recipes is not a commercial forum. Commercial messages, endorsements and/or solicitations for products and services will not be allowed.
Offers to sell goods or services will be rejected along with commercial self-promotion. This includes junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes,and any other form of unauthorised solicitation.
If you wish to report abusive, offensive or otherwise inappropriate content, then the best way is to call the Careline on 0800 454050 (UK), 1850 409608 (ROI) (MON-FRI 8AM-6PM) and mark your comment for the URGENT attention of the Stork Brand Building Team. In this case, please select a reason for the report, i.e. Inappropriate, Irrelevant to Topic, Potential Spam, or Other, and provide any additional detail helpful to our review. We will promptly review all reports in light of these Moderation Guidelines and the website Legal Notice and take appropriate action.
Twitter Competition Terms and Conditions
Stork Joanne Wheatley book giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, provide the correct answer to the following Tweet: "#GBBO is nearly over! But fear not, we have 3 signed @JoanneWheatley books to WIN! Just tell us what year she took part for a chance to win."
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
4. Closing time for receipt of entries is 5pm GMT on Wednesday 23rd October 2013
5. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
6. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
7. Prize: 1 copy of signed Joanne Wheatley book per winner - 3 winners in total.
8. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
9. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize (to the extent permissible by law).
10. Three valid entries drawn at random in the presence of an independent adjudicator from all the entries received by the Closing Date will win the prize. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Message within 2 days of the closing date. The winners must claim their prize within 5 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
12. The winners' details (name and county) will be made available on request to those writing to Stork Joanne Wheatley comp, Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR within ten weeks after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
13. The winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from this promotion.
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Facebook. You are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter/Facebook.
15. By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
16. As concerns UK residents, these terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues. As concerns Republic of Ireland residents, these terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR. (Please do not send entries to this address.)