Birthday Sprinkles Cake
List of ingredients
- 375g Stork with Butter
- 375g caster sugar
- 6 eggs, large
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 375g self-raising flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsps strawberry jam
- 200g Stork with Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500g icing sugar
How to prepare
- Preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease 3 x 8” sandwich cake tins well and line the bases of each with a circle of non-stick baking paper.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a large bowl and beat together until the cake mixture is even and well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Place the cakes onto a wire rack and allow to cool fully.
- Sandwich together the 3 cooled cakes with jam and set onto a serving plate.
- Beat together the Stork with Butter, vanilla and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Coat the sides and top of the cake with the vanilla frosting.
- Cover the top of the cake completely with sprinkles adding just a few to the sides, add party candles and add a ribbon around the base.