For the cake
For the syrup
For the icing
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Generously grease with Stork the inside of the bundt tin using a brush to get right into the corners of the tin.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl cream together the butter, sugar & lemon zest until the mixture is pale, (almpost white!) and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition, then fold in the flour mixture and poppy seeds taking care not to knock out the air.
4. Pour the mixture into the greased bundt tin and even out the top, then bake for 35-40 min or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. While the cake is in the oven, make the syrup: heat the sugar and lemon juice in a pan and bubble for 3 min until reduced and transfer to a shallow bowl until completely cool.
6. When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven, poke holes all over the surface and, while the cake is still warm, pour over the cooled syrup. Leave the syrup to soak into the cake for 15 min, then turn the bundt out of the tin onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
7. Make icing by mixing icing sugar with a little water, a drop at a time until it is the comsistency of runny honey. Pour the icing over cake. Dot flowers on the cake, golden chocolate eggs and decorate with berries.