Orange Carrot Muffins
List of ingredients
For this recipe you can use Stork Tub or Stork Packet.
- 150g carrot, finely grated
- 125g self raising wholemeal flour
- 75g self-raising flour
- 160g Stork Tub
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 level teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 1 orange and juice of ½
- 50g caster sugar
- A 12-cup muffin tin, filled with paper cases
How to prepare
- Sieve the flours, over the carrot.
Add the other muffin ingredients and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon or mixer.
Divide the batter evenly between the paper cases. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
While the muffins are in the oven,finely grate the zest over a saucepan. Add the juice and sugar and cook, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the syrup from the heat.
- Cut a cross in the top of each muffin and pour over a little orange syrup (about 1 dessertspoon per muffin) very slowly (if it goes too fast, the muffin will not absorb the syrup). Serve the muffins warm or cold.