- Dissolve the yeast in warm water until foamy, about 5 minutes . In another bowl, combine milk, egg, Stork, sugar and salt; add yeast mixture and flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add a bit of extra flour if needed to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with cling film and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and divide into four equal balls. Let rest for 5 minutes so the dough can relax which will make it easier to roll. Roll each ball of dough into a 12-inch circle. Place one circle on a lined baking sheet and spread a layer of raspberry jam.
- Repeat process with remaining dough, leaving the top circle plain. Place a small bowl about 3-4 inches in the centre of the dough and press gently to leave a mark.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the circle into 16 equal sections, starting from the imprint in the center to the edge, cutting through all the layers.
- Take two strips and rotate twice outward. Pinch ends together. Repeat with remaining strips. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- While the star rises, preheat oven to 190°C.
- Brush star with remaining Stork and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cooling, whisk together Elmlea Double, honey and vanilla. Cut out the centre circle of the star and plate the dip in a small bowl in the centre to serve.
Stork Mother's day star bread
Bake something truly special for your mother this Mother's day!
- 23 days ago
- 30 - 45 min.