1. Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4. Grease and bottom line 2 x 20cm round cake tins with baking paper.
2. Add lemon juice to the milk and set aside.
3. Sieve together the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl together with caster sugar.
4. Pour the milk, melted Stork 100% Coconut Oil and syrup over the flour mixture and mix until well blended to form a smooth batter.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake tins and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 minutes then turn out to cool on a cooling rack.
6. Meanwhile to make the icing, put the soya cream in a saucepan and gently heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Leave to cool until spreadable.
7. Sandwich the two sponges together with the apricot jam. Spread the chocolate cream over the top of the cake and decorate with grated chocolate and icing sugar as desired.
- Temperature: 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4. oC
- Baking time:
- Serves: 12-16