- Melt white chocolate with 1 tsp vanilla extract over a pan of hot water and leave to cool slightly. Cream the Stork with the caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the white chocolate and cream some more.
- Beat in two duck eggs one at a time (large hens eggs would be fine). Sift in plain flour with baking powder and gently stir. Add 2 tbsp violet and rose liqueur and stir gently until just combined.
- Spoon into 12 fairy cakes cases, filling to about 3/4 of the way up. Bake at 180C, 160C fan, Gas mark 4 for 20 minutes, and then leave on a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the remaining 40g of good quality white chocolate with the remaining vanilla extract over a pan of hot water and leave to cool slightly.
- For icing cream Stork with the icing sugar. Beat in the melted chocolate and 2 tbsp violet and rose liqueur. Spread over the cooled cakes and top with crystallised violets.
You can find Choclette's recipe on the World Baking Day website here
- Temperature: 180 oC
- Baking time:
- Serves: 12