Raspberry and White Chocolate Cake
Raspberry and white chocolate. A pairing so good it deserves its own showstopper. This ‘naked cake’ recipe from She Who Bakes looks elegant and tastes delicious.
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings14 portions
- 300g self-raising flour
- 300g caster sugar
- 300 grams Stork
- 85g plain flour
- 5 eggs
- 150g melted white chocolate
- 200 grams Stork
- 600g icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries
- 75g melted white chocolate
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Grease three 8 inch/20cm sandwich tins and preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/Gas mark 3.
- Cream together the Stork and caster sugar.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Mix in the self-raising and plain flour, followed by the melted white chocolate (allow to cool slightly before adding).
- Split between the tins and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Make the buttercream by mixing the Stork and icing sugar until it combines. Then add in the raspberry jam and mix on a high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread a nice thick layer of raspberry buttercream over one of the cakes.
- Place another cake on top and repeat by spreading a layer of buttercream over the second cake.
- Then top with the final cake and spread a little buttercream over the top layer and continue to spread it over the sides.
- Using a pallet knife, start to take the buttercream off, we only want a thin layer left on the outside. Keep spreading until you have a nice, clean finish.
- Top with fresh raspberries.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the top