Stork's Piñata Cake
Discover our Pinata Birthday Cake recipe, a light & fluffy vanilla sponge cake filled with delicious surprises.
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 375g Stork tub
- 375g caster sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract/vanilla bean paste or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 6 eggs, large
- 375g self raising flour
- 200g Stork with butter
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pastel Chocolate Candy Beans (Smarties) to fill.
- Cake confetti sprinkles
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Grease and line the bases of 3 x 8” cake tins. Preheat the oven to 160c(fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and fold in until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the 3 tins and bake in the oven for 25-30minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the icing beating together the Stork, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Level the tops of the 3 cakes using a sharp serrated knife.
- Cut out the centres of 2 of the cakes with a sharp knife or cookie cutter to create 2 rings.
- Set the first ring onto a serving plate or cake board and sandwich together with the next ring using a layer of icing.
- Fill the centre of the ring with chocolate candy beans.
- Coat the top of the ring with icing and place the full round cake into position. Coat the top and sides of the cake with the remaining icing.
- Use the tip of a palette knife to create a ridged style in the sides and top of the icing.
- Decorate with sprinkles and serve.