Upside-Down Peach Tart
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- 150g plain flour + extra for dusting
- 75g Stork packet (at room temperature)
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 large can of peaches (about 820g)
- 30g melted Stork (about 3 tablespoons)
- 30g caster sugar (about 3 tablespoons)
- 50g shelled coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
- round 20cm cake tin (base lined with baking paper), rolling pin
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan oven, Gas mark 6.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl. Rub in the Stork until the mix is like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and the egg yolk with a palette knife Shape into a firm dough with cold hands. Flatten slightly, wrap in foil and place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Pour the juice from the peaches, pat dry the peaches and cut each half into 2-3 wedges.
- Brush the cake tin lined with baking paper evenly with the melted Stork. Sprinkle with the sugar and the pistachio nuts. Line the base with peach wedges.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a round 20 cm diameter. Remove the excess flour from the dough using a brush and place the dough on the peaches in the cake tin. Press down the edges slightly.
- Bake the tart in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Put a big plate on the cake tin. Grip tightly with both hands and turn over very quickly in one go.
- Remove the cake tin slowly from the plate. Remove the baking paper. Cut the cake (hot or cold) into 8 slices.