Apple Cake with Cream and Caramel
If you fancy something fruity then this gorgeous gooey apple caramel cake recipe is the perfect summer treat.
- Cooking time55 minutes
- Prep time1 hour 0 minutes
- Servings1 portions
- 150 g Stork with Butter
- 225g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 225 g self raising flour
- 3 eating apples, peeled and cored
- 284ml carton Elmlea Double
- 50 g walnuts
- 2-3 tablespoons Caramel dessert sauce
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Mix Stork, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat in well.
- Stir in milk and fold in flour until mix is smooth.
- Place the mix into a greased and bottom lined 22cm round cake or springform tin.
- Cut each apple into 8 segments and place over the cake mix.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 °C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 3 for 45-55 minutes. Check with a skewer to see if the cake is ready. If the skewer is dry, then remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool.Whilst cake is baking whip the Elmlea until thick.
- Spread the caramel sauce over the cake and spoon the Elmlea over the top.
- Sprinkle with the walnuts.