Birthday Cake with Cream and Fresh Fruit
- Cooking time40 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 225 g Stork tub
- 200 g light brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 85 g flaked almonds
- 400 ml Elmlea double cream light
- 250 g seasonal fruit
- sweets and candles to decorate
- 2 round 22cm cake tins (greased and floured and base lined with baking paper); piping bag with star nozzle
|Energy (kcal)||315 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1317 kJ|
|Protein (g)||5.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||35.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||32.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||17.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.7 g|
|Fat (g)||17.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||8.4 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||8.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||94 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||320 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.80 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||566 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||5.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||186 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.72 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||168 mg|
- Preheat the oven 180°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4.
- Place cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cake tins and bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes until cooked and golden brown. Leave the baked cakes in the tins for 5 minutes before tipping them out on a wire rack. Allow to cool.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over medium heat, stirring well until golden brown. Cool on a plate. Whip the cream with the sugar until stiff. Clean the fruit and chop or slice, if necessary.
- Cover a cake with 1/3 of the cream and half of the fruit.
- Place the other cake on top and press down a little.
- Brush the sides of the cake with a thin layer of whipped cream.
- Take the cake between two hands and roll in the toasted almonds.
- Spread the top of the cake with a thin layer of whipped cream. Spoon the rest of the whipped cream into the piping bag and pipe swirls of whipped cream along the edge of the cake.
- Decorate with the rest of the fruit and sweets and don't forget the candles!