White Chocolate Cake with Strawberries
A simple sponge cake recipe with the delicious addition of white chocolate. The white chocolate sponges are sandwiched together with a classic cream filling, topped with fresh strawberries. A beautifully light cake perfect for afternoon tea.
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time1 hour 0 minutes
- Servings1 portions
- 225 g Stork with Butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract / 1 vanilla pod
- 225 g self raising flour, sieved / 220g flour + 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g grated white chocolate
- 284ml Elmlea double
- Few drops vanilla extract / 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 500 g strawberries
- 20 g blueberries
- A few sprigs of mint
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the flour and finally the grated white chocolate.
- Divide the mix between to 2 x 20cm cake tins and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C, 160°C, Gas mark 4 for 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the filling: whip the Elmlea until thick. Add some vanilla and icing sugar and mix everything thoroughly.
- Spread one third of the Elmlea over one cake, and sandwich the cakes together.
- Carefully spread on the top and if liked place some of the Elmlea in a piping bag and pipe a decoration around the top of the cake. Place the strawberries and blueberries on the top and decorate with sprigs of fresh mint.