Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings16 portions
- 175g Stork with Butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one orange
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 16 tablespoons chocolate orange spread
- 100g dark chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate
- 100ml double cream
- 100g Stork with Butter
- Half teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g chocolate orange spread
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- This recipe makes approx 16 cupcakes so line two muffin tins with 16 paper cases.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4.
- Beat the Stork and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Now add the dry ingredients, sieve the flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the milk and orange zest.
- Fill each of your muffin cases to around two thirds full.
- Warm up your chocolate spread so it is runny and add a teaspoon to each muffin case.
- Then with a cocktail stick gently stir the mix creating a marbled effect.
- Put in the oven on the middle shelf for 25mins or until golden brown.
- When you remove the cupcakes from the oven, leave them for around 5 minutes before you put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, melt the chocolate (either in the microwave or on the hob).
- Once the chocolate has melted completely add to a mixing bowl and add the cream, Stork and vanilla essence and beat well with an electric whisk.
- Once fully combined add the chocolate orange spread.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely add the icing using a piping bag or spatula.