Chocolate Victoria Sponge Cupcakes
Ruth Clemens of The Pink Whisk has whipped up a light, fluffy mini Victoria sponge recipe, combining chocolate, strawberries and cream in a tasty but simple recipe.
- Cooking time22 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 225g Stork with Butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 200ml Elmlea double cream
- 2 tbsps icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or the seeds scraped from ½ vanilla pod
- 200g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Icing sugar to dust
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Place the ingredients for the cupcakes in a large bowl and beat together well.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper cases and divide the mixture between them.
- Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes until springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Take the cupcakes from their paper wrappers and cut in half.
- Whip together the Elmlea, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste to soft peaks.
- Sandwich together the cupcakes with the whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
- Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve.