Chocolate Salted Caramel Marble Cake
Chocolate lovers! Look no further for the ultimate slice of indulgence.
- Cooking time55 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings16 portions
- 175 grams Stork
- 175 grams caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g (6 oz) self-raising flour, sieved
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sieved
- 55g (2 oz) plain chocolate, melted
- 55g (2 oz) white chocolate, melted
- 250g (9 oz) light soft brown sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 140 grams Stork
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200g plain chocolate
- 200ml Elmlea Double
- Cocoa powder and/or popping candy to finish
- Seasalt crystals
|Energy (kcal)||42 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||177 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||10.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||10.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||10.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.01 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- All-in-One Cake: Place all ingredients in mixing bowl except for chocolates and beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed (2 - 3 minutes). Divide mixture into two and add melted dark chocolate to one half and white chocolate to the other.
- Place alternate spoonfuls of mixture into a greased and bottom-lined 20cm (8 inch) cake tin, and gently swirl through mixture with a skewer.
- Bake in middle of a pre-heated oven 170ºC, 160ºC fan, Gas mark 3 for 50-60 minutes. Turn out, remove paper and cool.
- To make icing, place sugar, cream and salt in a saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves and then bubble for 3-4 minutes not stirring. Allow to cool for 10 mins and then beat in Stork. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
- Split cake and sandwich together with half the icing. Melt chocolate and Elmlea together and then chill until a spreading consistency. Spread over the top and sides of the cake. Chill remaining ganache till firm.
- Form the remaining icing and ganache into truffles and roll in either cocoa powder or popping candy. Use to decorate the top of the cake. Sprinkle with salt crystals if liked.