Dark Chocolate Cake
- Cooking time50 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings14 portions
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g Stork Packet at room temperature
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g dark chocolate chips (or chocolate bar cut into small pieces)
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- Baking tin: 25cm deep cake tin (greased and base lined with baking paper)
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate in a bowl and beat with a spoon or mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Put 150g chocolate in a bowl over a pan with boiling water and melt the chocolate (make sure no water splashes into the chocolate!)
- Stir the chocolate until smooth, mix into the batter and fold in the remaining chocolate (chips).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and leave to rest in the tin for 2 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and cool. Cut the cake into slices.