Halloween Cake Pops – Ghost & Eyeballs
Conjure up a spooky surprise with our easy Halloween Cake Pops: Ghosts & Eyeballs recipe by Ruth Clemens. With light and fluffy sponge, white chocolate, and a handful of Smarties for the eyes, this tasty treat is a real Halloween show-stopper.
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 75g Stork with Butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 75g self-raising flour
- 45g Stork with Butter
- 90g icing sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Cake Pop Sticks
- 125g white chocolate
- 25g dark chocolate
- 6 Crisp Shell Sweets (Smarties)
- A little red food colouring
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Prepare a cupcake pan with 6 paper liners. Place the Stork with Butter, caster sugar, vanilla extract, egg and self-raising flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat together until well combined and the mixture is even.
- Divide between the paper cases and bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting beating together the Stork with Butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Crumble the cooled cupcakes into a mixing bowl until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the frosting 1 spoonful at a time mixing into the cake crumbs until the mixture is sandy and moist - it will stick together when shaped by hand.
- Roll 6 balls for the eyeball cake pops and 6 ghosts shaping by hand and set onto a small lined baking tray.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour until firm. Melt the white chocolate gently. Dip the end of a cake pop stick into the chocolate in insert into the cake pop. Set them back onto the tray and chill again for 30 minutes.
- Dip the chilled cake pops, holding them by the stick into the melted white chocolate to coat. Allow the excess to drip off before setting them onto the baking tray and allowing to set completely.Tip: Setting the cake pops on a piece of polystyrene will help prevent sticking. Melt the dark chocolate and place in a small disposable piping bag. For the eyeballs use a small dot of the chocolate to secure a candy shell sweet to the centre.
- Add a pupil with a little more of the dark chocolate. Drizzle the eyeball with a little of the remaining white chocolate.
- Paint red veins onto the eyeball using a little red food colouring diluted with a drop of boiling water.
- For the ghosts roll out the white ready to roll icing and cut out 6 fluted circles with a pastry cutter. Place a circle over the stick to cover the ghosts’ body, add 2 eyes with melted dark chocolate.
- Allow to set and serve.