Discover our Lemon Tart recipe, a gloriously zesty and flavoursome bake with a delectably creamy texture.
- Cooking time50 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- 115g plain flour, sieved
- 55g Stork with butter
- 15g caster sugar
- 1 small egg
- 2 medium eggs
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 large unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 150ml (1/4 pint) Elmlea Double
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Rub the Stork with butter into the flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and egg. Knead lightly until the dough comes together. Wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Carefully roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm (8 inch) flan case.
- Prick the base with a fork, line with greaseproof paper and fill with uncooked rice. Bake in preheated oven 180°C, 170°C fan, Gas mark 4 for 10 minutes. Remove the rice and paper and return pastry to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- For the filling, whisk the eggs with the sugar and lemon zest. Stir in the juice and half the Elmlea.
- Pour into the pastry case and return to a reduced oven 150 °C, 140°C fan, Gas mark 2 for 30-40 minutes. The tart should wobble slightly in the centre. Cool slowly.
- Eat warm or cold with the remaining Elmlea.