Mini Egg Piñata Cake
There’s nothing more fun than going on an Easter egg hunt at this time of year. And with this Mini Easter Egg Piñata Cake recipe, you (or the kids) don’t have to go far for a tasty slice of the action.
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings17 portions
- 350 g Stork with butter
- 350 g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g Stork with butter
- 600 g icing sugar
- 200 g melted dark chocolate
- 3 tbsps semi-skimmed milk
- 250 g mini chocolate eggs
- edible flowers decoration (optional)
- white and pink ready to roll icing (optional)
|Energy (kcal)||705 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2949 kJ|
|Protein (g)||6.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||88.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||85.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||70.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.7 g|
|Fat (g)||38.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||23.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||11.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||9.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||1.2 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||146 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||277 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.69 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1023 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||129 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.75 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||172 mg|
- Grease and line the base of 3 x 8” cake tins.
- Cream together the Stork with Butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at time beating well after each.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and fold into the cake mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the tins, roughly level and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until springy to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- To make the frosting beat together the Stork with Butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate and beat well. Set to one side.
- Level the tops of the cakes with a sharp serrated knife and cut out the centres of 2 of the cakes using a pastry cutter. Sandwich together the 2 cutout cakes with a little of the frosting and set onto a serving plate.
- Fill the centre with mini eggs before topping with the whole cake. Cover the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting.
- To make the bunny roll a large ball of white ready to roll icing for the body and set into the frosting at the base of the cake. Shape and add 2 small bunny feet and a small ball for the tail. Add the pink pads to the balls of the feet with a little pink ready to roll icing.
- Decorate the tree trunk and around the bunny with a few chocolate eggs and the flower decorations.