Royal Ascot Pink Bubbly Cake
With soft and fluffy vanilla sponge lathered in pink bubbly icing, The Pink Whisk’s Royal Ascot Pink Bubbly Cake is a sophisticated dessert for a sophisticated gathering.
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 200 g Stork with Butter
- 400 g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 450 g self-raising flour
- 300 ml milk
- Pink food colouring
- 250g Stork with butter
- 600g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps champagne
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- In a large bowl cream together the Stork with butter and caster sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla followed by the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour and milk and beat well. Add a little pink food colouring and mix well. Gel colour is best to colour the cake mixture pink.
- Divide the mixture between 2 well-greased deep sided 8” cake tins and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until a skewer comes away clean.
- Transfer the baked cakes to a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
- Whilst the cakes cool, beat together the frosting ingredients until well combined.
- Once the cakes have cooled level the tops of each with a sharp serrated knife and split each into 2 layers.
- On a serving plate sandwich together each of the 4 layers using a thin layer of frosting. Coat the top and sides of the cake with the remaining champagne vanilla frosting. Create a ridged effect around the side of the cake with the tip of a small palette knife.
- Decorate the top of the cake with crystallised rose petals and pearl sprinkles in different sizes, adding pearls around the base of the cake.
- Tip: To make your own crystallised rose petals: Separate the petals from the rose. Place the caster sugar into one small bowl and the egg white into a second. Beat the egg white with a fork to loosen. Coat both sides of a petal with egg white using a paint or pastry brush.
- Tip: Place the petal into the caster sugar and toss gently to coat.
- Tip: Set onto a sheet of baking paper and allow to dry out overnight.