Royal Jam Tarts
Raspberry jam and crumbly pastry. Ruth Clemens of The Pink Whisk has a simple recipe for a classic teatime treat.
- Cooking time20 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 170g plain flour
- 85g Stork with Butter
- 30g caster sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- 225g seedless raspberry jam
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- To make the pastry place the plain flour in a bowl with the Stork with Butter
- Rub the Stork with Butter into the flour using your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir through the sugar.
- Add the water a tablespoon at a time and work the pastry until it just comes together.
- Knead lightly until even, wrap in clingfilm and allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the chilled pastry on a lightly floured work surface to approx. 4mm in thickness and cut out 12 circles.
- Line the recesses of a shallow bun tray with the pastry circles.
- Gather together the pastry trimmings and re-roll. Cut out 12 small crowns with a sharp knife.
- Fill each pastry case with 1-2 teaspoons of jam.
- Top each tart with a pastry crown and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool. Serve.