Salted Pecan Praline Yule Log
- Cooking time10 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 20g (¾ oz) Stork, melted
- 85g (3 oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 85g (3 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 85g (3 oz) Stork
- 225g (8 oz) icing sugar, sieved with
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2-3 teaspoons semi skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons chestnut puree
- 55g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 55g (2 oz) pecan nuts
- Large pinch sea salt crystals
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk over gently simmering water (do not allow bowl to touch water) until light and thick and mix leaves a ribbon trail when whisk is lifted out. Gently fold in the flour and cocoa using a spatula and finally drizzle in the melted Stork and fold in.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and lined 32 x 20cm (13 x 8 inches) Swiss roll tin and gently spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven 200°C, 190°C fan, Gas mark 6 for 10 - 12 minutes until springy to the touch and slightly shrinking from the sides. Remove from oven and turn out onto a sheet of baking parchment sprinkled with sugar.
- Trim edges and roll up with the parchment paper inside. Leave to cool.
- Place ingredients for icing in a bowl and beat together until smooth. Gently unroll Swiss roll and spread half the icing over. Re-roll without the greaseproof paper, then cover the surface with remaining icing. Mark with a fork to resemble a log.
- For the praline, place the ingredients in a heavy based pan and place over a gentle heat. Shake the pan at intervals until the sugar melts and turns a golden caramel colour. Turn out onto parchment paper and leave to cool. Use a rolling pin to break into smaller pieces and use to scatter over the log. Lightly dust with icing sugar.
- Decorate with marzipan holly leaves and berries if liked.