Irish Cream Chocolate Cake
Discover our delicious Irish Cream Chocolate Cake recipe, a luxuriously rich and decadent chocolate sponge cake.
- Cooking time20 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 165 grams Stork
- 220 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 330g caster sugar
- 260g plain flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate (or soda)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 70 g cocoa powder
- 200 grams Stork
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 30ml Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 tbsps cocoa powder
- 30g dark chocolate curls
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Mix the milk and lemon juice in a jug. Put aside
- Place Stork and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. (approx 1 ½ min with electric hand mixer).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the remaining flour with the bicarbonate and cocoa powder and fold in until well blended.
- Add the milk to the mix and stir until smooth.
- Place the mix in 3x20m (8 inch) greased and lined round cake tins. Bake on middle shelf of oven 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas 4 for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the icing. Beat together the Stork and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the Irish cream liqueur a little at a time beating well after each addition until the mixture is smooth.
- Trim the tops from the chocolate cake levelling using a sharp serrated knife if necessary.
- Set the base layer onto a serving plate or cake board. Layer the cake, sandwiching each layer with the icing.
- Using a palette knife coat the sides and top of the cake with the remaining icing.
- Decorate the top of the cake with a light dusting of cocoa powder and the chocolate curls around the outside edge. Serve.