Chocolate Rudolph Cake
Christmas is coming! Our cute and tasty Chocolate Rudolph Cake recipe is ideal for sharing with friends and family.
- Cooking time1 hour 0 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 225g Stork with butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 40g cocoa powder dissolved in
- 4-5 tablespoons hot water
- 225g self-raising flour, sieved
- 175g Stork with butter
- 325g icing sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 dessertspoon (10ml) milk
- 150g dark chocolate chips
- 1 x red bauble
- White ready to roll icing
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Place Stork with butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and then beat in the cocoa mix.
- Fold in the flour and place in two deep, greased and bottom-lined 18cm (7 inch) cake tins. Smooth tops.
- Bake in oven 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4 middle shelf, for 45-55 minutes. Transfer from the tins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Roll out a little white ready to roll icing and cut out 2 circles for the eyes, set to one side.
- Reserve 8 chocolate chips for the face decoration and gently melt the remaining. Use a little of the melted chocolate to create pupils in the centres of the eyes and allow to set.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper over the antler template. Spread the remaining melted chocolate thickly with a palette knife to form the antlers and place in the fridge to set.
- To make the frosting beat together the Stork with butter, milk, icing sugar and cocoa powder until evenly combined.
- To assemble trim the domed tops from the cakes if necessary and sandwich together with a layer of chocolate frosting. Coat the sides and top with the remaining frosting using a palette knife.
- Place the red bauble in position for the reindeers nose, and press the eyes lightly onto the frosting. Add the reserved chocolate chips to the sides of the reindeers face.
- Lastly take the antlers from the fridge, use a sharp knife to cut 2 slots into the top of the cake and gently set the antlers into position in the slots on the top of the cake.