Stork's Simple Shortbread
Our shortbread recipe couldn't be easier. Bake in a flan tin for triangular slices, or a square tin if you prefer shortbread fingers- the choice is all yours!
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- 115g Stork block
- 175g plain flour, sieved (or combination of 125g flour and 50g cornflour)
- 55g caster sugar
- Add grated rind or a small lemon or orange to the basic ingredients.
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Have ready a mould, a 20cm (8inch) flan ring or sandwich tin and baking sheet.
- Cut Stork into four and rub into dry ingredients; knead together until they form a smooth dough, leaving bowl clean.
- Turn out onto lightly-floured surface and knead again until it becomes smooth and silky. Roll into round large enough to fill the mould, flan ring or sandwich tin.
- Place in the mould, ring or tin, gently press it to shape and smooth top. Turn onto a baking sheet. Flute edges if ring or tin used by pressing with the thumb all round, prick all over with a fork.
- Mark into 8 or 12 portions. Bake in pre-heated oven 150°C, 140°C fan, Gas mark 2 on middle shelf for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Leave on baking sheet about 10 minutes then lift carefully and cool on a wire rack.