Banana Cake With Chocolate
Banana loaf has never looked (or tasted) so good – drizzled with white chocolate and dotted with pecan nuts, this chocolate banana recipe is delightfully moist and easy to make.
- Prep time25 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 125 g Stork with butter
- 175 g soft brown sugar or caster sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs separated
- 225 g self-raising flour sieved
- 80 g pecan nuts chopped
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 100 g white chocolate bar
- 20 g pecan nuts
|Energy (kcal)||390 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1630 kJ|
|Protein (g)||5.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||46.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||43.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||25.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.5 g|
|Fat (g)||21.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||9.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||10.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||7.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||58 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||294 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.73 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||394 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||2.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||125 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.86 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||224 mg|
- Bat together the Stork and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in yolks one at a time and once smooth, fold in the flour and pecan nuts.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cake mix.
- Place 100 ml of the cake mixture in a separate bowl and mix with the cocoa then add the mashed bananas to the light cake mix and gently mix in.
- Pour the light mix into a greased and lined 900g (2 lb) loaf tin.
- Place the dark batter over the light mix using a spoon. Do not mix in.
- Bake in preheated oven 170 °C, 150°C fan, Gas mark 3 for 1 – 1 ¼ hours. Insert a skewer into the middle of the cake to check if baked. If there is no uncooked mix sticking to the skewer then the cake is ready. Decorate the top by drizzling with melted white chocolate and the pecan nuts.