Caribbean Upside Down Cake
- Cooking time50 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings6 portions
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup, warmed
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 3 canned pineapple rings, drained and chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 55g (2oz) shredded coconut
- 115g (4oz) Stork tub
- 115g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 115g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Start by preheating your oven to 160°C, 325°F or gas mark 3.
- Then grease and line an 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tin.
- Pour half of the golden syrup and rum into the tin.
- Pop the pineapple rings, banana slices and coconut on top.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients and beat together with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread evenly until the fruit is covered.
- Stick it in the oven for 45 â 55 minutes.
- Turn the cake out and remove the paper lining.
- Serve hot or cold with the remaining syrup, a cup of tea or maybe a Caribbean cocktail.