- Cooking time40 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 115g dark brown sugar
- 55g caster sugar
- 170g Stork
- 15ml coffee extract
- 2.5ml Cappuccino flavouring
- 3 medium eggs
- 170g self raising flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 170g dark chocolate chips
- 125ml double cream
- 115g dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 55g milk chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 2.5ml cappuccino flavouring
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Grease a 20cm (8") round springform tin & line the base with baking parchment.
- Cream the Stork with the sugars until light & fluffy.
- Sift together the flour & baking powder and set aside.
- To the sugar & Stork mixture, add the coffee extract, cappuccino flavouring, one egg and 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture & beat well.
- Add the second egg and another 1tbs of flour. Beat well.
- Add the final egg and a further 1 tablespoon of flour then beat well until mixed.
- Gently fold in the remaining flour until combined.
- Add the chocolate drops and mix in lightly with only a few gentle stirs.
- Pour into your prepared tin, level the top and bake in the middle shelf of your oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out cleanly.
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes to cool, then remove from the tin and place on a cooling rack until cold.
- Whilst the cake is in the oven cooking, start to make the ganache. Heat the double cream in a saucepan until just below boiling point.
- Pour the hot cream onto your dark & milk chocolate chips and leave to stand for 2 minutes.
- Beat the cream & chocolate mixture until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Place in the fridge to cool & set.
- When the cake is cold, place it onto your serving plate.