Chocolate Cake with Raspberries and Red Currant
A berry good chocolate cake – moist, rich, delicious and easier than it looks. The tang of fresh raspberries and red currants paired with the bitterness of dark chocolate are a match made in heaven.
- Cooking time55 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings1 portions
- 110g Stork with Butter
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 100g dark chocolate (min. 60% cocoa), melted
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 180g self raising flour, sieved with
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g fresh raspberries
- 200 g fresh red currants
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- 200g Stork with Butter
- 170 g icing sugar
- 75 g raspberries
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Mix the milk and lemon juice in a jug and set aside.
- Cream the Stork and sugar together until light and fluffy and beat in eggs, one by one.
- Stir in the flour mix with the milk and melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a square 22cm cake tin, greased and bottom lined with baking paper. Bake at 170 °C, 160°C, Gas mark 4 for 45-55 minutes. Allow to cool after baking.
- Now for the icing: Blend Stork with the sugar until smooth. Add raspberries and keep blending until smooth.
- Place the icing into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe over the top of the cake.
- Finish by decorating with fruit and fresh mint leaves.