Chorizo and Turkey Pastry Parcels
A pastry parcel full of love! These savoury pastries are the perfect recipe for an afternoon snack for friends and family, simple yet scrumptious!
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings16 portions
For the Hot Water Pastry
- 125g Stork block, cubed
- 150ml water
- 350g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 medium eggs
For the Turkey, Chorizo and Red Pepper Filling
- 150g chorizo, cubed
- 300g turkey minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Place the cubes of Stork and the water into a medium-sized saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the Stork melts, and the water just reaches a boil.
- Sift the plain flour and the pinch of salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add in 1 beaten egg. Pour the hot liquid into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. Mix until a soft dough is formed. This can also be made using an electric mixer with the dough hook attachments.
- While the dough is still warm, divide it into 16 equal pieces and roll into balls. On a lightly floured surface roll out each piece of dough to 4inch round circles.
- Place one heaped tablespoon of the filling on one half of the circle. Break an egg into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Brush the other half of the dough with a little beaten egg. Then fold the pastry over to form a semi-circle. Press the edges together, making sure there is no air trapped. Then mark the edges with a fork seal them.
- When all the pastries are filled, place them onto 2 lined baking trays. Brush the tops of the pasties with a beaten egg and bake them in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
- In a large pan, cook the chorizo over a medium heat until the oil begins to come out. Then add the onion and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion and pepper are soft.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stirring constantly. Once the turkey is completely cooked. Place onto a plate and allow to cool.