Our step-by-step basic puff pastry recipe- perfect results every time!
- Cooking timeNot available
- Prep time1 hour 0 minutes
- Servings1 portions
- Use this simple puff pastry recipe as part of your wider bakes.
- 200g plain flour
- 200g strong white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 40g Stork block, cubed plus
- 350g Stork block
- 180ml cold water
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- To make the puff pastry combine the flours and salt and rub in the 40g diced Stork block until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the cold water and mix until the dough comes together. Knead until smooth.
- Cut a cross in the top of the dough with a sharp knife. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Flatten the 350g Stork block into a square between 2 sheets of clingfilm and set to one side.
- Roll out the dough into a cross shape.
- Set the square of Stork block in the centre.
- Seal it in the middle of the dough folding the flaps over and into the middle.
- Roll out into a long thin rectangle.
- Fold the top 1/3rd down and the bottom 1/3rd up. Rotate the dough 90 degrees. Repeat the rolling out and folding a second time. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Repeat step 9 twice followed by 30 minutes chilling each time.
- Ready to use.