Perfect for any princess, The Pink Whisk’s Cinderella Cake is a jam-centred sponge with puffed cereal towers, coated in butter icing.
- Cooking time1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep time1 hour 0 minutes
- Servings16 portions
- 400g Stork with butter
- 400g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 eggs, large
- 400g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ jar of strawberry jam
- 65g Stork with butter
- 285g marshmallows
- 205g puffed rice cereal
- 400g Stork with butter
- 800g royal icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsps milk
- Pink and green colouring
- 3 sugar cones
- 75g white chocolate, melted
- Selection of pink sprinkles and edible glitter
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Line the base and sides of a deep 5” and a 7” cake tins. Place the cake ingredients in a large bowl and beat together well with an electric mixer. Fill the tins ¾’s full and bake in the oven (1 hour 5 minutes for the 5” cake and 1 hour 20 minutes for the 7” cake). Test the cake so that a skewer when inserted comes away clean. Allow the cakes to cool on a wire rack.
- Line a roasting tray with non-stick baking paper. Gently melt together the marshmallows and Stork with Butter. Add the puffed rice cereal and mix well.
- Transfer to the tin, level and allow to set. Melt the white chocolate and coat the sugar cones, painting the chocolate on with a pastry brush and allow to set.
- Trim the tops of the cakes level, split and sandwich each together with strawberry jam.
- Cut out 8 x 2 ½” circles and 3 x 3” circles from the puffed rice cereal using cookie cutters. Stack them together to form 3 towers.
- Beat together the ingredients for the buttercream. Colour 3 tbsps of the buttercream a pale green for the leaves and reserve for later. Colour the remaining buttercream pale pink. Cover both of the cakes and the 3 towers in pink buttercream and place in the fridge to chill.
- To assemble arrange the largest cake on a serving plate add the smaller cake and shortest tower on top. Pipe around the base of each to secure together. Position the 2 tall turrets to each side.
- Lightly press a sugar cone onto the top of each tower.
- To decorate recolour the remaining buttercream a darker pink, pipe around the top and base of each turret, add a door and small bulbs to the turrets to create the flowers.
- Using a leaf piping tip and the green buttercream add the leaves.
- Finally finish the decoration adding in pink sprinkles and edible glitter.
- TIP: It’s easy to cut a disposable piping bag to create a shape to form the leaf. Simply snip a V shape from the end of the bag.