Creamy Halloween chocolate orange cake
Decadent creamy spider cake full of chocolate and orange flavour for everyone to enjoy this HALLOWEEN!
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 125g Stork Original tub
- 284ml Elmlea double (whipped)
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g plain chocolate, melted
- 3 eggs, medium
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 225g plain flour sieved with 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 orange, zest only
- Orange colouring
- Halloween decorations of choice, ie: plastic spiders, edible candy eyes…
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4. Grease and bottom line 2 x 20cm round cake tins with baking paper.
- Add the lemon juice to the milk and set aside.
- Cream the Stork, sugar, orange zest then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and mix well. Lastly fold through the melted chocolate.
- Divide between the sandwich tins and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Turn out, remove paper and leave to cool.
- Whisk the Elmlea and the icing sugar to soft peak, add colouring as desired.
- Sandwich cake together with half the whipped Elmlea and top with the remainder. Add decorations of choice.