Discover our ghoulishly good Monster Brownies recipe, a fantastically fun treat for your little monsters.
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings20 portions
- 100g Stork tub
- 100g plain chocolate, melted and cooled
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 100ml milk
- 55g Stork tub
- 225g icing sugar (plus 50g extra for decoration)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, blended with
- 2 tablespoons water and
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Oreos of differing sizes and sweets e.g. M&M’s and chocolate buttons to decorate
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Place all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until just smooth.
- Pour into greased and lined 30 x 22cm tin.
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4 for 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire tray.
- For the icing, place all ingredients in a bowl over a pan of hot water and stir until smooth and glossy. Remove from heat and leave until cold. Beat until thick enough to spread over traybake.
- Cut into 21-24 bars. Place 50g icing sugar in a bowl and add a few drops of water to make a thick icing. Use to attach the oreos and sweets to create your monsters. Place remaining icing in a small piping bag with a plain nozzle and pipe the ‘mouths’ on your monsters.
- Hint: a little of the icing can be coloured red if you want to use the oreo biscuits to make eyeballs. Use a M&M for the centre of the eye and red icing for the veins.