Double Choc & Hazelnut Brownies
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 55g (2 oz) Stork packet
- 140g (5 oz) plain chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 eggs, medium
- 225g (8 oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 40g (1½ oz) plain flour, sieved
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25g (1 oz) cocoa powder
- 55g (2 oz) creme fraiche
- 115g (4 oz) each of plain and white
- chocolate, chopped roughly
- 85g (3 oz) whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC, 150ºC fan oven, Gas mark 3.
- Grease and line a 23cm (9 inch) square cake tin.
- Place Stork and 140g (5 oz) plain chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water until melted.
- Place eggs, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl and whisk together using an electric whisk until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and whisk together.
- Carefully fold in flour, baking powder and cocoa powder, followed by the creme fraiche and one-third of the topping ingredients.
- Pour into prepared tin and sprinkle over remaining topping ingredients.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool before cutting into 12-16 pieces.