Toffee Apple Traybake
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 175g (6 oz) Stork tub
- 350g (12 oz) self raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g (6 oz) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 100g (4 ½ oz) dates, chopped
- 2 eating apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Toffee style icing
- 25g Stork Tub
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons single cream (or Elmlea single)
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Place all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat well with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Spoon into a greased, and lined traybake tin.
- Bake on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven 180° C,160 ° C fan oven, Gas mark 4 for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Leave the loaf in the tin for 10 - 15 minutes before turning out and removing paper. Cool on a wire tray.
- Place all icing ingredients in a saucepan and melt slowly until sugar has dissolved. The bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes. Take off the heat and wait until slightly cooler. Beat well and then drizzle over the traybake. When set, cut into slices.