Hot Cross Bun Bread & Butter Pudding
Use up any Easter leftovers with this yummy twist on a classic British dessert!
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings6 portions
- 6 stale hot cross buns, Stork recipe or shop bought
- 50g orange marmalade
- 400ml whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Slice the hot cross buns in half and spread the marmalade onto the cut side of the tops and set aside. Rip the bases of the buns into rough pieces and put into a 15x25cm roasting dish.
- For the custard place the milk into a medium sized saucepan and set over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- As the milk is coming up to temperature whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Pour the boiling milk over the eggs, whisking constantly.
- Once fully combined pour the custard into the roasting dish, soaking all the bread. Press the top of the buns onto the dessert, cut side down.
- Allow the bread to soak up the custard for 30 minutes before baking in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the pudding have puffed up and is lightly browned on top.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving with a little cream or custard.