Victoria Sponge Cake
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings14 portions
- 225 grams Stork
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g (8oz) self-raising flour, sieved
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons jam
- 225g (8 oz) icing sugar, sieved
- 85 grams Stork
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
|Energy (kcal)||62 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||260 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||16.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||16.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||16.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.01 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C, 160°C Fan, Gas 4.
- Add all of the sponge ingredients into a mixing bowl (Stork, caster sugar, medium eggs, flour and baking powder) and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 - 3 minutes until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Lightly grease the bases and sides of two 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tins and line the bases with baking paper. Divide your mixture between the two tins.
- Pop the two sandwich tins in the middle of your pre-heated oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then slide a palette knife around the sides of each cake to loosen. Remove from tin, peel the baking paper from the cakes and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix your vanilla icing ingredients (icing sugar, Stork, milk & vanilla essence) in a bowl until smooth and spread through the middle and over the top of your cake.
- Spread the jam over the middle, sandwich the two pieces together and dust the top with icing sugar.