Gluten Free Easter Bunny Cake
Easter is ear! We've adapted this Easter favourite into a Gluten Free recipe. It’s easy to bake - cute and really tasty.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Servings16 portions
- 225g Stork with butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 225g Gluten Free self-raising flour
- 100g white chocolate, grated
- 2 tbsps milk
- 175g Stork with butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cooled boiled water
- 100g white chocolate
- Pink sprinkles
- White ready to roll icing
- Pink and white marshmallow
- 10g dark chocolate, melted – for the eyes, mouth and nose
- 80g dark chocolate, melted – for the ears
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Grease the base and sides of 2 x 7â deep sided cake tins with Stork with Butter and line it with flour. Preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork with Butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the eggs one by one, beating well after each.
- Fold in the flour and grated white chocolate.
- Divide the mixture equally between the prepared tins and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Transfer from the tins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Roll out a little white ready to roll icing and cut out 2 circles for the eyes, set to one side.
- Add the gently melted dark chocolate to the white eyes for pupils, allow to set.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper over the ears and mouth template. Place the gently melted dark chocolate in a disposable piping bag. Shape the mouth following the template and then the ears, spreading with a palette knife. Place in the fridge to set.
- Once itâs set, place the gently melted white chocolate in a disposable piping bag. Place the thin layer of the white chocolate on the dark chocolate ear. Add pink sprinkles to the centres of each ear and place in the fridge to set.
- To make the frosting beat together the Stork with butter, icing sugar and vanilla until evenly combined. Beat in the cooled boiled water to form a smooth spreadable consistency.
- Sandwich the cooled cakes together with a layer of vanilla frosting. Coat the sides and top with the remaining frosting using a palette knife.
- Press the eyes and mouth lightly onto the frosting. Cut a pink marshmallow into a triangular shape for the nose and place in position. Add a white marshmallow to the back of the cake for a bunny tail.
- Finally take the set ears from the fridge, cut 2 slits in the top of the cake and place the ears into position. Put a dot of icing behind the ears before sticking it into the cake to make it stronger.
- Place mixture in greased and bottom lined 2 x18cm (7 inch) cake tins and bake in preheated oven 180° C, 160° C fan oven, Gas 4 for 20-25 minutes. Turn out and cool on wire rack.