Gluten Free Millionaires Shortbreads
These Gluten Free Millionaires Shortbreads from Georgina @TheCoeliacSloth both look and taste divine - they are sure to go down a treat whether following a gluten-free diet or not!
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Servings10 portions
- 150 g Stork block cut into chunks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 250 g gluten-free plain flour
- 200 g condensed milk
- 2 tbsps golden syrup
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g Stork Original Tub
- 200 g dark cooking chocolate
- 50 g white chocolate chips
- white chocolate stars
- gold edible lustre spray
|Energy (kcal)||370 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1546 kJ|
|Protein (g)||5.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||63.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||59.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||45.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.8 g|
|Fat (g)||11.7 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||6.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||3.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||9 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||45 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.11 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||65 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||79 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.32 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||202 mg|
- Combine the sugar and flour together in a mixing bowl.
- Rub the Stork baking block into the dry ingredients by hand, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour the mixture into a 25" lined baking tin and pad down with the back of a spatula until it's tightly packed into it. Prick all over the top with a fork to allow it to bake flat.
- Bake the shortbread for 20 minutes at 160°c Fan/ 180°c /Gas Mark 4 then leave to cool in the baking tin for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add in all of the caramel ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Put the saucepan over a low-medium heat and stir the mixture constantly until it turns a golden brown colour, and has thickened.
- Set this aside to cool slightly, and then pour it evenly over the shortbread layer. Leave this to cool completely, this can take up to 2 hours.
- Spray your chocolate stars with the gold edible lustre spray. Make sure you do this on a covered work surface.
- In a bain-marie, (a bowl sat over a saucepan of boiling water) Melt 200g of the dark chocolate. In another one, melt the white chocolate.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate evenly over the caramel layer.
- Just before the dark chocolate starts to set, take a spoon, and drop blobs of the melted white chocolate onto the dark chocolate. With a cocktail stick, swirl the white chocolate until it creates a marble effect. There are no rules to this bit.
- Sprinkle over the gold stars, and spray some of the lustre on top of the chocolate layer.
- Allow to cool completely, cut evenly into squares, serve and enjoy!