Gluten Free Victoria Sponge Cake
We have adapted this British classic to be just as delicious in a Gluten Free form- why not give it a try and let us know what you think!
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Servings8 portions
- 150g STORK Original
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 150g gluten free self-raising flour
- 3 tbsps semi skimmed milk
- 2-3 tbsps jam e.g. strawberry or raspberry
- 140ml double cream or Elmlea double
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar, to dust
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Cream together the Stork and sugar until light and soft.
- Gradually beat in the eggs and fold in the flour and milk. The mixture will be quite soft.
- Place mixture in greased and bottom lined 2 x18cm (7 inch) cake tins and bake in preheated oven 180° C, 160° C fan oven, Gas 4 for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn out and cool on wire rack.
- To make the filling, whip the cream, golden caster sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture holds its shape.
- Once cool, spread the jam on one of the halves, and the cream on the other. Sandwich the two halves together.
- Finish with a dusting of icing sugar and serve.