Neapolitan ice-cream piñata cake
Surprise guests with The Pink Whisk’s Neapolitan Ice Cream Piñata Cake… cut through the vanilla, strawberry and chocolate layers to release the candy inside.
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 300g Stork with Butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, large
- 300g self raising flour
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps strawberry jam
- A drop of pink food colouring
- 250g Stork with Butter
- 600g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g brown shelled chocolates, pink shelled chocolates and white chocolate buttons
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Selection of sprinkles
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- In a large bowl mix together the cake ingredients; Stork with Butter, caster sugar, vanilla, eggs, self-raising flour until evenly combined.
- Split the mixture into 1/3rds. To one third beat in the cocoa powder, to another third mix in the strawberry jam and a little pink food colouring and leaving the remaining third plain. Place each flavour into separate greased 7” sandwich tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Beat together the Stork with butter, icing sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Then take the cooled cakes and level the tops with a serrated knife. Cut the centres out of the chocolate and strawberry layers using a cookie cutter and reserve.
- To assemble place the chocolate ring on a serving plate, add a layer of buttercream and top with the strawberry layer.
- Fill the centre with the two shelled chocolates and the chocolate buttons.
- Add another layer of buttercream and top with the vanilla cake.
- Coat the top and sides of the cake with the vanilla buttercream and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate and allow to cool a little. Pour ½ over the top of the cake. Place a circle of cake (reserved earlier in the centre and cover with the remaining chocolate.
- Sit the ice cream cone into position and decorate with extra sprinkles.