New York Cheesecake
- Cooking time50 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 200g biscuits e.g. digestives
- 75 grams Stork baking block
- 1 lemon
- 30g cornflour (about 3 tablespoons)
- 450g cream cheese
- 200g light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium eggs
- Icing sugar
Baking tin and utensils
- 20 cm loose-bottomed cake tin or springform tin, greased; preferably a food processor or blender, otherwise a rolling pin and a large plastic bag; cling film
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, 140 °C fan oven, Gas mark 3.
- Grind the biscuits finely in a food processor or put them in a plastic bag, place it on the work surface and roll the cookies with a rolling pin into fine crumbs.
- Melt the Stork in a large saucepan and stir in the biscuit crumbs.
- Divide the biscuit mixture evenly over the base of the prepared cake tin and press firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Finely grate the lemon over a large bowl. Squeeze the lemon and add about 2 tablespoons of the juice to the zest (the rest of the juice is not used).
- Stir the cornflour with the lemon and mix with the cream cheese, brown sugar and the vanilla, using a wooden spoon. Gradually beat in the eggs one by one.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the base of the prepared tin. Put the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until the filling is quite solid.
- Turn the oven off, leave the oven door slightly open and let the cheesecake cool in the oven. Cover with cling film and leave the cheesecake in the refrigerator for a day or overnight to stiffen further. Remove from the tin and sprinkle the cake with icing sugar, cut into 8-10 slices.