Profiteroles With Chocolate Sauce
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 150 ml water
- 55 g Stork baking tub
- 65 g plain flour sieved
- 2 eggs medium-sized lightly beaten
- 150 ml Elmlea double cream whipped
- 15 g Stork tub
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 55 g plain chocolate broken into pieces
|Energy (kcal)||364 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1527 kJ|
|Protein (g)||6.8 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||37.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||36.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||22.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.4 g|
|Fat (g)||21.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||12.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||7.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||160 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||127 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.31 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||715 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||52 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.83 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||164 mg|
- Preheat oven to 220°C, 210°C fan, gas mark 7.
- Put water and Stork in medium saucepan and bring to boil over moderate heat.
- Remove from heat and, immediately add flour. Return to heat and beat with wooden spoon for 2 – 3 minutes until mixture leaves sides of pan. Cool slightly. Gradually beat eggs into mixture until no traces remain.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the choux mixture well apart on greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated for 15 minutes, then reduce to 190°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 5 for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Slit sides of profiteroles and cool on wire tray. When cool, fill with Elmlea.
- To make sauce, place all ingredients in small bowl over pan of hot water. Leave to melt and beat until smooth and glossy.
- Arrange profiteroles on serving dish. Serve with chocolate sauce.