Tear & Share Garlic & Mozzarella Loaf
Discover The Pink Whisk’s Tear & Share Garlic and Mozzarella Loaf recipe, a delicious savoury bake which is perfect for a meal with friends.
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- 450g strong white flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp fast action yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 20g Stork with Butter, melted
- 225ml milk, lukewarm
- 75g Stork with Butter
- 3 tsp garlic puree or 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 80g grated mozzarella
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- In a large bowl combine the strong white flour, caster sugar, fast action yeast and salt. Make a well in the centre and add the lukewarm milk and melted Stork with butter.
- Work together to form a rough dough.
- Knead by hand for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Transfer to a clean bowl, adding a little oil to grease. Cover with cling film and allow to prove in a warm draught free position for 1 ½ hours or until doubled in size.
- When the dough is risen remove from the bowl, and knead lightly. Shape the dough into a bloomer shape and set onto a greased baking tray.
- Cover lightly with cling film and allow to prove for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Slash the top of the loaf diagonally with a sharp knife and bake in the oven (200c/180c (fan)/Gas Mark 6) for 35 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once fully cooled take a sharp serrated bread knife and cut through the loaf almost to the base vertically and diagonally to create the tear and share pieces. Make sure not to cut through the base of the loaf so that it stays together as a whole loaf.
- In a bowl mash together the Stork with butter, garlic puree and chopped parsley.
- Spread the mixture liberally along the cuts in the loaf and sprinkle in the grated mozzarella.
- Bake the loaf in the oven for 10-12 minutes just before serving.