Cherry and Marzipan Fruity Loaf
- Cooking time1 hour 0 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 175g (6oz) Stork tub
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 55g (2oz) ground almonds
- 55g (2oz) flaked almonds
- 175g (6oz) glacé cherries, halved
- 115g (4oz) marzipan
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Start by preheating your oven to 160°C, 325°F or gas mark 3.
- Then sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, add the other ingredients, except the marzipan, and beat together with a wooden spoon.
- Dice half the marzipan and fold it in.
- Grease and line the bottom of a 900g loaf tin and spoon in the mixture.
- Pop it in the oven for 1 â 1 ¼ hours.
- Turn the cake out to cool on a wire rack.
- Roll out the remaining marzipan, cut into thin strips, twist and arrange in a fancy lattice pattern over the loaf.
- Put it under the grill until lightly browned, then dig in.