Iced Jems: Peanut butter brownie cake
With rich brownie sponge, peanut butter frosting and peanut butter cups, how could you resist Iced Jems’ Peanut Butter Brownie cake?
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time1 hour
- Servings10 portions
- 175 gram Stork
- 300g Plain or Dark Chocolate
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 4 Medium Eggs (lightly whisked)
- 200g Plain Flour
- 225 grams Stork
- 300g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- Approx. 12 Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Optional extra 100g chopped Peanut Butter Cup
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees (fan assisted) and grease your round cake tins. Melt your chocolate and Stork in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Pour your melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl, then add your sugar and lightly whisked eggs, mixing until you have a thick and gooey consistency.
- Add the plain flour giving it a final stir, then pour into your three round cake tins and bake for approx. 25 minutes.
- Once cooked through, remove the brownies from the oven tip out onto a wire rack to cool.
- For the delicious Peanut Butter frosting, place the Peanut Butter and Stork together in a large bowl and mix until soft.
- Add the icing sugar to the butter mixture, and mix a final time until you have a smooth frosting. Transfer half of the frosting into a disposable piping bag with the 2D Piping Tip.
- Place the first cooled sponge brownie onto a plate or cake stand and cover with a thick layer of the peanut butter frosting using a palette knife of back of a spoon. Place the second sponge brownie on top of this and repeat.
- Once all the sponge brownies are stacked, pipe small rose decorations over the top of the cake. Simply pipe the icing in a small circular motion, starting in the middle and swirling outwards until you have a small rose shape.
- Finish the look by pushing Peanut Butter Cups into the piped rose around the outside edge of the cake.
- If you want to give your cake another coating of indulgent Peanut Butter Cups, press your chopped Peanut Butter Cups into the buttercream in-between the layers of the cake, going all the way round until completely covered.