Blue Cheese Bites
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings36 portions
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp onion salt
- 115g Stork (Block)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, medium
- 75g pine nuts
- 30g blue cheese (Stilton or Gorgonzola are ideal)
- Salt and Pepper
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Place the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and onion salt in the bowl of a food processor and blitz to combine.
- Dice the block Stork and add to the dry ingredients. Run the processor again until the Stork has been rubbed into the flour and the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Finely chop the pine nuts, reserve 3 tbsps and add the remaining to the food processor. Crumble in the cheese. Blitz again to combine.
- With the processor running add the vegetable oil down the chute followed by the egg and a little water 1 tbsp at a time until the dough just comes together.
- Remove the dough from the processor and knead lightly by hand until smooth and even. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven and remove the dough from the fridge.
- Divide the dough into smaller portions and roll each by hand on the worksurface into an even sausage, approx. 2cm thick. Cut each sausage into 2cm slices. Flatten each slice with the back of a fork and sprinkle over the reserved chopped pine nuts.
- Transfer the bites to a lined or well greased baking tray, season the tops with a little freshly ground black pepper and salt and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
- Store in an airtight container until needed.